Senior Manager, Empowerment
Location: New York, NY or Detroit, Michigan (In office at minimum 2 days a week; remote other days)
RISE seeks an entrepreneurial, creative and innovative professional to join its Programs Team to empower its program partners and other stakeholders to take practical actions that help to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Empowerment, the Sr. Manager, Empowerment will be primarily responsible for leading out on logistics and strategic event support for RISE’s empowerment programs. The position is responsible for proposing and assisting in implementing initiatives that help RISE’s partners take action in their organizations and communities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and manage RISE program event logistics; virtual and in –person; including pre-event, onsite and post event
- Oversee event contractors and vendors to support RISE programming such as food and beverage, audio/visual, décor, promotional items, photography etc. to ensure high quality programming events
- Assist Sr. Director of Empowerment with determining objectives for programming; create overviews and agendas for program events
- Work with team across departments as project lead, ensuring all program event logistics are completed in a timely manner
- Create and manage speaker tools and documents as needed; as well as coordinate speaker briefing calls
- Maintain accurate and up to date engagement database
- Arrange printing and shipping of materials as needed
- Review program event bills for accuracy and submit for approval and payment
- Coordinate marketing and communications in collaboration with Team Operate
- Ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, possesses incredible attention to detail and thrives in collaborative, solutions-oriented environments.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, likely within event and project management related jobs
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Has passion for advancing racial equity and committed to the RISE mission of ending racial discrimination, championing social justice and improving race relations.
- Proven track record working with organizational and industry leaders
- Strong work ethic and ability to innovate in a fast-paced environment, while being agile enough to pivot quickly if needed
- Possesses strong management skills and empowers those around to succeed
The salary range for this position in New York is $65,000-$80,000 per year commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer:
RISE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.