Senior Director, Programs and Curriculum
Location: New York City or Detroit, Michigan
RISE seeks a dynamic, creative, data-driven and forward-thinking professional to join its Programs team to guide its work on curriculum development and implementation and specialize in the execution and delivery of RISE’s collegiate programming.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Senior Director of Programs and Curriculum will be primarily responsible for leading RISE’s curriculum development and implementation efforts, along with managing and planning programs with RISE’s collegiate partners. The person in this position will supervise a small team, and will also assist with the project management, operations and logistics of other RISE education and empowerment programs in collaboration with other members of RISE’s Programs Team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working in roles focused on issues related to race, equity, inclusion and social justice, and will have experience in managing and delivering high quality, comprehensive training and education programs. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing teams of people.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the design and development of RISE’s education and leadership curriculum and subsequent programs by stakeholder groups
- Manage a small team of RISE staff members focused on curriculum and program development and execution
- Project manage needs analyses and climate surveys for program partners
- Manage external consultants who assist with the creation of curriculum, needs analyses and climate surveys
- Drive research, monitoring and analysis of the curriculum implementation for the purpose of increasing mission-aligned organization impact
- Develop and implement collegiate programs to drive intended impact
- Facilitate assigned training sessions; The majority of sessions facilitated will be for collegiate partners and with others assigned on an as-needed basis
- Train, support and evaluate RISE facilitators, both staff members and contractors/consultants
- Maintain participant tracking and administer evaluations
- Monitor and document progress across assigned programs, provide coaching and intervention as needed
- A minimum of seven years of work experience, ideally in roles focused on promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Knowledge of current techniques and procedures used in the design and development of curriculum
- Teaching or facilitation experience, ideally with a collegiate audience
- Evidenced commitment to an interdepartmental, interdisciplinary team approach to work; strong collaboration skills
- Experience managing teams of people
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Other duties as assigned: RISE is a small, growing, entrepreneurial organization and every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader RISE team and adapt as needed to achieve our mission
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
RISE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.