Manager, Program Operations
Location: New York or Detroit
As a key contributor within the RISE Programs Team, reporting to VP, Programs, Manager Program Operations will be responsible for:
- Managing the execution of leadership programs beginning with the development of project plans through the completion of the program. A key focus will be multi-week programs at the middle school and high school level.
- Monitoring multi-week leadership program progress and holding partners accountable according to program goals and timelines
- Providing timely program status reports and documenting departmental/organizational metrics for programs
- Facilitate RISE programming
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing detailed project plans for assigned programs and drive execution of the plans in collaboration with colleagues and partners
- Collaborating with colleagues and partners to organize, prepare for and coordinate multi-week leaderships programs, workshops and other initiatives as assigned
- Facilitation of RISE programming
- Maintaining participant attendance tracking for youth leadership programs, monitor program execution/progress and hold partners accountable
- Conducting program site visits and administer surveys/evaluation
- Collaborating with the Director Programs to provide coaching and intervention as needed
- Providing timely program status reports
- Reviewing, assigning and responding, when appropriate, to online inquiries for the Leadership & Education Team
- BA/BS degree required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in project and program management
- The ability to work on multiple tasks and projects with attention to detail, prioritize a challenging workload, being well organized and dependable, positive and solution-oriented
- Good problem-solving skills with a willingness to be flexible and proactive in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Ability to travel throughout the United States
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate effectively across departments and stakeholder groups
- Self-starter with an ability to work well across diverse groups, be a team player
- Possess analytical, critical thinking and "client service" skills
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SharePoint experience
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.