Location: New York, NY
As a key contributor within the RISE Partnerships team, reporting to the Director of Partnerships, the Manager will be responsible for:
- Support RISE’s strategic partnership development and engagement with external stakeholders including athletes, teams and conferences at the high school, collegiate and professional levels.
- Oversee the development and execution of RISE partnership communications, proposals and reporting.
- Assist with development of an athlete engagement plan to support the education and empowerment of athletes as advocates for racial equity, civic engagement and social justice.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Outreach, engagement, and the preparation and presentation of proposals and other materials for potential partners.
- Management of relationships with existing grassroots, collegiate and professional partners.
- Development of partnership communications including proposals, agreements, program outlines, reports and event briefs.
- Ongoing management and maintenance of RISE customer relationship management platform.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization to support the planning and execution of RISE programs and special events.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of experience in partnership management, program management, external affairs or community relations
- Background or knowledge of the sports industry (youth, collegiate or professional)
- Ability to travel throughout the United States for RISE programming and special events
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion and the overall mission and values of RISE.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across departments and stakeholder groups,
- Problem-solving skills with a willingness to be both flexible and proactive
- MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.