Manager, Reporting and Communications
Location: New York, NY
Hybrid: 2 In office days; 3 days remote
RISE seeks a creative, analytical, and innovative professional to join its Operations team to manage its external reporting and communications in order to demonstrate organizational impact and engage current and potential program partners, stakeholders, and other supporters of RISE’s work. Reporting to the Director, Data, the Manager, Reporting and Communications will be primarily responsible for key reporting functions including program recaps, developing media to be shared via RISE social platforms and other external communications vehicles, and analysis of key external communications metrics alongside the Director, Data.
The ideal candidate will be able to synthesize information and communicate it in a compelling and professional manner. They will also be able to appropriately tailor reporting materials to different audiences and collaborate effectively with RISE teammates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Canva or other graphic design tools.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion and overall mission of RISE
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI a plus.
- Experience with Qualtrics a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with experience. The Annual Salary range for this position is $50,000-$67,000
- Manage reporting needs including the regular creation of recap documents summarizing RISE programming using quantitative and qualitative data for external stakeholders
- Produce media and/or graphics to be shared across RISE’s platforms communicating key impact metrics and other compelling data.
- Partner with the Director, Data for ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Tasks/ Functions
- Write program recaps and reports using Qualtrics, PowerBI, and Microsoft Excel
- Develop materials to be shared externally using data and other impact evidence for storytelling purposes
- Develop a cadence and/or system for regular and strategic execution of #2
- Assist the Director, Data in updating impact measurement tools (quantitative and qualitative) with compelling, up-to-date evidence and anecdotes
- Partner with contractors on integration of data and storytelling into external communications
- Assist the Director, Data with strategic analysis of impact data
- Assist the Director, Data with ad-hoc reporting needs and Salesforce Data Quality initiatives
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter, resume and three writing samples.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.