Location: New York, NY
As a key contributor within the RISE Partnerships team, reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, the Director will be responsible for:
- Supporting RISE’s strategic partnership development and engagement with external stakeholders including athletes, teams and conferences at the high school, collegiate and professional levels.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team to develop comprehensive strategies for deepening and broadening RISE’s outreach and engagement with partners who are closely aligned with our organization’s mission.
- Work to strengthen RISE’s relationships with partners at all levels, with a particular focus on researching and identifying new partnership opportunities in key strategic markets.
- Coordinate outreach and manage ongoing relationships with existing grassroots, collegiate and professional partners.
- Oversee and manage partnership communications including program proposals, timelines, reports, program and event summaries, and contribution agreements.
- Support other departments within the organization on the planning and execution of RISE programs and special events.
- BA/BS degree in a related field, such as Business, Communications, Marketing, or Sports Management
- 5+ years of experience in program management, communications, public relations, or philanthropy
- Ability to travel throughout the United States for partnership meetings and events
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of RISE, diversity, inclusion, social justice and civic engagement
- Broad knowledge of the sports industry and collegiate athletics
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and comfort with an external-facing role working with a diverse group of communities, athletes, teams and philanthropic organizations
- Ability to collaborate effectively across departments and stakeholder groups
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently and effectively while maintaining a precise attention to detail
- A positive and solutions-oriented approach, and a willingness to be creative, flexible and proactive in an often fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Previous experience with CRM platforms
- MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.