Director of Programs
Location: New York City or Detroit, Michigan
RISE seeks a dynamic, creative, data-driven and forward-thinking professional to join its Programs team to be responsible for program delivery and operations, including planning, execution and reporting.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Director of Programs will be primarily responsible for implementation of RISE programming, including program facilitation, supporting curriculum development and managing and planning programs with RISE’s partners. The person will also assist with the project management, operations and logistics of other RISE education and empowerment programs in collaboration with other members of RISE’s Programs Team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in working in roles focused on issues related to race, equity, inclusion and social justice, and will have experience in managing and delivering high quality, comprehensive training and education programs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, prepare for and execute assigned programs
- Respond to stakeholder needs and requests
- Maintain participant tracking and administer evaluations
- Monitor and document progress across assigned programs, provide coaching and intervention as needed
- Support curriculum development across stakeholder groups
- Facilitate assigned training sessions
- Maintain strong professional relationships with program partners
- Support the development and execution of partnership agreements
- Ensure assigned programs adhere to budget
- Provide timely program status reports
- Document best practices and processes, and identify opportunities for improvement
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience, ideally in roles focused on promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Teaching or facilitation experience, ideally with a collegiate audience
- Evidenced commitment to an interdepartmental, interdisciplinary team approach to work; strong collaboration skills
- Experience managing teams of people
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Other duties as assigned: RISE is a small, growing, entrepreneurial organization and every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader RISE team and adapt as needed to achieve our mission
We offer a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
RISE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.