The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sport to advance race relations. We are currently seeking an Athlete Engagement & Sports Outreach Intern for summer 2017. The selected intern will support and report directly to the VP of Athlete Engagement & Sports Outreach. He/she will work closely with the RISE staff and external partners to drive our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in the targeting of athletes who align with RISE’s mission
- Aid in the development of partnerships with organizations and colleges
- Build communication and experiences that engage athletes, activists, law enforcement, partners in social good.
- Develop ideas for athletes to design community-led solutions for social issues.
- Compile contact lists
- Create or update databases and presentations
- Advocate for social justice
- Passionate about sports, social impact, social responsibility, and race relations
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter, able to work with minimal direction
- High level of attention to detail, strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks effectively
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- 6-10 weeks (June 5 through Aug. 11, 2017)
- 40 hours per week, generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; could include some nights/weekends
*Note*: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish RISE’s mission.
- Marketing, Public Relations, Sports Management, Public Policy, Sociology
To be considered for this position, all qualified applicants should submit their resume to Info@RISEtoWIN.org