The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social change. We are currently seeking a Director of Leadership and Education Programs for our South Region. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Leadership and Education Programs, the selected candidate will provide oversight for the planning, execution and evaluation of leadership and education programs within the South region. The ideal candidate must be innovative, resourceful and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
RISE Leadership and Education Programs engage student-athletes, coaches and administrators at every level to equip them with the knowledge and skills to stand up against racism and advance the conversation around race relations. With sports being central to all that we do, participants learn about the history of race and sports, its power to drive change and how they can become leaders in their teams, schools and communities.
The South Region includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Lead the planning, execution and expansion of RISE’s education and leadership programs throughout the South region.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to identify training needs and strategies for middle school, high school and college athletes, administrators, coaches and parents.
- Oversee day-to-day program management, including support of stakeholder needs and requests, coaching facilitators, as well as monitoring and documenting progress across programs.
- Support the development of program content, including the identification of topic areas, reviewing submissions by subject matter experts and the creation and procurement of training materials.
- Facilitate training sessions at all levels (athletic directors, coaches, student-athletes, etc.).
- Implement evaluation tools and conduct surveys to measure program impact and success.
- Establish, maintain and expand strong professional relationships with key stakeholders and support the development and execution of partnership agreements.
- Maintain regional relationship/contact database.
- Manage the South Leadership and Education Programs budget.
- Document the outcomes and next steps for meetings, training sessions, conferences, etc.
- Provide timely regional status reports.
- Document best practices and processes, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support additional leadership and education program efforts as needed.
- A dedication to RISE’s mission and goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Education or Cultural Studies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience leading diversity and inclusion training programs.
- Strong problem-solving, project management and organizational skills; Must be detail orientated.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently, both orally and in writing, to internal and external audiences.
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills are essential, including the ability to build and cultivate relationships with new education partners and stakeholders.
To be considered for this position, all qualified applicants should submit their resume to Info@RISEtoWIN.org