The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social change. We are currently seeking a Leadership & Education Programs Intern for summer 2017. Reporting directly to the Director of Leadership & Education Programs, the selected intern will support administration, content development, evaluation and process improvement projects within the Leadership and Education Programs department.
RISE Leadership and Education Programs engage student-athletes, coaches and administrators at every level to equip them with the knowledge and skills to stand up against racism and advance the conversation around race relations. Sports being central to all that we do. Participants learn about the history of race and sports, its power to drive change and how they can become leaders in their teams, schools and communities.
- Support the development of leadership program content across stakeholder groups and platforms (print and online).
- Assist in the assessment and analysis of participant survey data.
- Support research projects (e.g. athlete activism, best practices).
- Assist in the assessment and development of key business operations and processes within the Leadership & Education Programs department.
- Support the development of detailed project plans and scorecards.
- Maintain national relationship/contact database.
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- A dedication to RISE’s mission and goals.
- Interest in education and leadership development with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter, able to work with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
- Strong data analysis, process development and communication skills.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Word; Strong skills in Excel.
- Administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
- A commitment to honesty, reliability and integrity.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- 6-10 weeks (Summer 2017)
- 40 hours per week, generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; could include some nights/weekends
- Marketing, Public Relations, Sports Management, Public Policy, Sociology
To be considered for this position, all qualified applicants should submit their resume to Info@RISEtoWIN.org