The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sport to advance race relations. We are currently seeking an Operations Intern for summer 2017. The selected intern will support and report directly to the Director of Business Operations. He/she will work closely with the RISE staff and external partners to drive our commitment to diversity and inclusion. This internship will be based in our Midtown Manhattan office.
- As the Operations Intern, you’ll assist in leading our administrative, human resources, and financial functions. Your work will ensure that staff can focus on their strategic goals through the implementation of effective administrative practices; providing meaningful financial analysis; identifying operational opportunities for improvement; and anticipating future company needs, while identifying and minimizing risks.
- Advocate for social justice
- Passionate about sports, social impact, social responsibility, and race relations
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter, able to work with minimal direction
- High level of attention to detail, strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks effectively
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
*Note* : The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish RISE’s mission.
- 6-10 weeks (June 5 through Aug. 11, 2017)
- 40 hours per week, generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; could include some nights/weekends
- All considered
To be considered for this position, all qualified applicants should submit their resume to Info@RISEtoWIN.org