The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social change. We are currently seeking a Vice President of Development to lead our corporate and foundation philanthropic initiatives. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will help lead RISE’s revenue expansion and development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for successfully positioning RISE as the go-to philanthropic investment for individuals, foundations and corporations with an interest in race, athletes, and activism. The candidate will be in charge of identifying, pursuing and solidifying major grants from foundations and corporations and other private revenue opportunities for RISE. This position is based in our Midtown New York office.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Develop effective relationships with corporate and foundation philanthropic leaders.
- Coordinate fund raising special events, including an annual gala/awards banquet.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailing and annual fundraising drives.
- Work closely with RISE’s Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors and participate in Staff Board Development meetings.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about RISE with the philanthropic community.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Maintain gift recognition program and database of related gifts and donors/prospect.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- A dedication to RISE’s mission and goals.
- At least five years’ professional experience successfully fundraising, corporate or foundation grant development and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly corporate and foundation philanthropy.
- Possess skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers to invest time and funds in the organization.
- Organized and can exhibit “follow through” on task and goals.
- Commitment to honesty, reliability and integrity.
- Display positive attitude, embraces RISE’s mission, have a great presence, self-confidence, and a good listening ability.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
To be considered for this position, all qualified applicants should submit their resume to Info@RISEtoWIN.org