The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an unprecedented alliance of professional sports leagues, organizations, athletes, educators, media networks and sports professionals using sports to bring people together to promote understanding, respect and equality. Through public awareness campaigns and educational programming, RISE aims to improve race relations.
News from the RISE Community
- Liberty re-up their commitment to racial justice by hosting Unity Game at Garden
- Before tip-off, two WNBA teams square off against racial inequity
- 'Let love win': WNBA's Kia Vaughn shares a message before 'Unity Game'
- VIDEO: RISE CEO Jocelyn Benson and New York Liberty President Isiah Thomas talk during Unity Game
- PHOTOS: Unity Game with the New York Liberty
- PHOTOS: Building Bridges Through Basketball Week 9 in Chicago
- RISE CEO Jocelyn Benson on HuffPost: Charlottesville reminds us sports can bring people together
RISE CEO JOCELYN BENSON AND NEW YORK LIBERTY PRESIDENT ISIAH THOMAS TALK DURING UNITY GAME
RISE CEO Jocelyn Benson and New York Liberty President Isiah Thomas speak about using the unifying of sports to promote social progress. Benson and Thomas were interviewed by the MSG Networks during halftime of the Unity Game that RISE and the Liberty presented Sunday, Aug. 20, at Madison Square Garden.
Take The Pledge
Together we can RISE up for understanding, respect and equality. Take the pledge to show your commitment to ending racism.
I PLEDGE to treat everyone with respect and dignity. I will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. I will speak up whenever I know discrimination is happening and I will stand up for victims.
By The Numbers
11,902 (And Counting)People who have taken the RISE pledge
50,000+Anticipated participants in RISE programming for 2016-17 school year
30+RISE partner organizations across the nation