The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an unprecedented alliance of professional sports leagues, organizations, athletes, educators, media networks and sports professionals using sports to bring people together to promote understanding, respect and equality. Through public awareness campaigns and educational programming, RISE aims to improve race relations.
News from the RISE Community
- PHOTOS: Building Bridges Through Basketball completes 5th week in Chicago
- RISE program showed players they had shared experiences
- PHOTOS: RISE presents workshop at Peninsula Pop Warner annual meeting in California
- PHOTOS: RISE presents workshop at Soccer for Success in Washington, D.C.
- Jocelyn Benson in HuffPost: How sports can bridge America’s racial divide
ESPN HONORS RISE WITH STUART SCOTT ENSPIRE AWARD
The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) received a Stuart Scott ENSPIRE Award and a $100,000 grant from ESPN for leadership in improving race relations and driving social progress. Watch how RISE founder Stephen M. Ross is making an impact through RISE and other charitable efforts.
Take The Pledge
Together we can RISE up for understanding, respect and equality. Take the pledge to show your commitment to ending racism.
I PLEDGE to treat everyone with respect and dignity. I will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. I will speak up whenever I know discrimination is happening and I will stand up for victims.
By The Numbers
11,902 (And Counting)People who have taken the RISE pledge
50,000+Anticipated participants in RISE programming for 2016-17 school year
30+RISE partner organizations across the nation